2021-22 School Innovation and Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
Complete ESSER School Funding Plans
2021-22 School Innovation and Improvement Plan at a Glance
Halley Elementary School
Kerry Peerman, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: Language Arts
- By June 2022, 85% of all students will achieve a passing score or show growth on the English SOL assessment.
- The percentage of students in grades 3-6 in the SWD subgroup achieving a passing score or showing growth will increase from 53% to 75%.
- 85% of K-2 students will meet the end of year reading benchmark using the DRA2 and DRA2WA assessment.
Halley ES will effectively implement tier 1 core instruction utilizing the LA workshop model
After School Programming: Provide small group tier 2 literacy instruction to reteach essential standards
During the School Day: Strengthen capacity to provide intensive tier 2/3 small group instruction using Orton Gillingham and FUNdations.
Facilitate a literacy support program for students reading 2 or more grade levels below.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: Math
- By June 2022, 85% of students in grades 3-6 will achieve a passing score OR math growth on the math SOL assessment as measured by the SOL growth tables.
- The Percentage of students in grades 3-6 in the SWD subgroup achieving a passing score or showing growth will increase from 61% to 70% as measured by the math SOL test.
- Grades K-2 will demonstrate proficiency by achieving a passing score on a grade level end of year math assessment.
Halley ES will effectively implement tier 1 core instruction utilizing the math workshop model.
Expand frequent small group instruction to supplement the core (Tier 2 /Tier 3 supports) with AVMR-trained instructors and additional instructional staff.
Intensive tutoring to supplement tier 1 core instruction with an emphasis on building number sense as well as fluency in mathematical thinking and discourse.
Based on assessment data, teachers will create tier 2/ tier 3 targeted instruction for our after-school program.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: Access and Opportunity
By June 2022, 100% of teachers will utilize at least one AAP resource per quarter, one CCT strategy per month and Portrait of a Graduate skill planning template.
All students will receive regular access and opportunity to utilize AAP resources.
Staff will design and implement learning opportunities for students to engage in Portrait of a Graduate skills through focus on communication and critical and creative thinking skills.
Teachers will increase academic rigor through implementing CCT strategies at least once per month.
For additonal information regarding this School Improvement Plan, PLease contact the school principal.