Learn about Halley Elementary!
- We envision a school community that instills a sense of confidence and belonging in our students, staff and parents by maintaining positive relationships among all stakeholders to support a thriving, collaborative, bully-free environment. We envision a school that nurtures a love of learning and develops all students as innovative thinkers and problem solvers to contribute to the 21st century global economy. We envision a school where students and staff act as models of the William Halley character traits, moving toward a position of awareness, interdependence, and action to benefit the community.
FCPS School ProfileView our school profile
Boundary LocatorIs your address in the Halley ES boundary?
- William Halley Elementary School, a professional learning community, exists to engage students, staff, and parents in an active, diverse learning environment that builds upon the unique strengths, talents, and gifts of each member. The school fosters academic achievement, creative expression, critical thinking, and positive character development in order for students to reach their highest potential as contributing members of our world community.
Our School Values
- We cultivate relationships with students and parents in order to meet the diverse needs of all.
- We work in collaborative teams to develop common purposes and to clearly define goals for instruction.
- We research and implement best practices.
- We monitor and assess student progress, and use data to guide instructional decisions.
- We challenge students to think critically and creatively, to work collaboratively, and to become problem solvers.
- We encourage and expect each other to continue to grow professionally.
- We act with safe and respectful practices, and we expect our students to do the same.
- We provide opportunities for students to practice civic responsibility.
- We foster the development of sound moral character and the ability to make good choices.
- We communicate with parents consistently and constructively.
- We value the earth and strive to act as faithful stewards of the environment.
Empowering students to build strong relationships and to understand, appreciate, and exemplify character strengths in us all.
What's for Breakfast Today?View today's school breakfast menu
What's for Lunch Today?View today's school lunch menu
School Payments Made Easy
From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.