School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Halley Elementary School
Jamey Chianetta, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #1
Raise the Bar: 85% of students in grades 3-6 will achieve a passing score on the 2018 Spring Reading SOL assessment. 75% of students in grades K-2 will achieve “On Grade level” status in the domains of Phonics and Phonemic Awareness as measured by the iReady Universal Screener in the Spring of 2018. Close the Gap: 70% of students in Gap Group 1 will achieve a passing score on the Spring 2018 Reading SOL assessment.
- Halley staff will continue to utilize the RI process to close the achievement gap in our gap group 1 students
- We will focus on tier 1 instruction during the writing workshop model.
- Staff members will receive turn around training highlighting Summer Symposium concepts.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #2
85% of students in grades 3-6 will achieve a passing score on the 2018 Spring Math SOL assessment. Close the Gap: 70% of Fee Waiver students in grades 3-6 will receive a passing score on the 2018 Spring Math SOL assessment
- Tier 1 core instruction with an emphasis on embedding math tasks, academic discourse, and problem-solving during math workshop.
- Building Computational Fluency
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #3
Raise the Bar: 90% of students in grades K-6 will range within the Developing category of the following Portrait of a Graduate attributes: Ethical and Global Citizen, Communicator, and Collaborator as measured by the Portrait of a Graduate rubrics
- Problem-Based Learning: Engaging students through concept-based authentic learning experiences in the general education classroom.
- Project-Based Learning in the STEAM classroom.
- Positivity Project Year 1