Do you need or want books to read? Want to learn about something new? The Halley library is now open for curbside checkout! You can browse our Halley collection using the Destiny site. You can put the books you would like to check out on hold. Kindergarten and first graders can check out a “grab bag" have a parent or guardian fill out our Google Form to let Ms Hall and Mrs. King know what types of books you want to read and to select your pick-up time.
Once you have your books on hold, talk with your parent or guardian to sign up for a time to pick up your books. You can also sign up to “browse” the online catalog at Halley. Parents/Guardians can schedule the a pick up or browsing time using our Signup Genius.
1. Put your book on (*You may also browse using a computer station when you arrive, but remember you only have 15 minutes. So it might be best to put your books on hold!)
2. Check with an adult about signing up for a time to come get your book.
3. Use the Sign Up Genius to sign up for a time to stop by Halley
4.Come to the library entrance #3. Your adult can remain in the car. (**You MUST wear a mask!)
5.Look for the bag with your name on it and pick up your books!
6. If you are browsing, you may report to a computer station and a volunteer will help you.
1. Go to the Halley library catalog.
2. Login using your FCPS username and password. Do not use a “Follett Account”.
3. Search for the topic or book title you want.
4. Click HOLD. You can put up to 5 books on hold at a time. **Look for books with the GREEN tag that says “IN.” Those books will be available to you for pick up. If the books says “OUT” and you put it on hold, you will need to wait for Ms. Hall to contact you that the book is ready for pick up.**
5. Sign up for a time to come pick up your books. (*Your books will not be pulled until you sign up for a time. You must wear a mask when coming to pick up books.*)
6. To check your holds. Click on the three lines in the upper left hand corner, then click on HOLDS.
1.Think about the kinds of books you might like to read.
2.Ask an adult to help you fill out the Google form.
3. Fill out the form.
4. Come to the library entrance #3 at the time you signed up for on the form. Your adult can remain in the car. (**You MUST wear a mask!)
5. Look for the bag with your name on it and pick up your books!
6. Read and enjoy your books!
The Halley Library is a warm and welcoming place for students, teachers, and parents. It is the goal of the library program to develop and encourage a love of reading for all students and assist them in becoming critical thinkers who are effective and responsible users of information.
Parents are always welcome in the library as volunteers for shelving and book fair.
Halley Library Catalog
Online Databases and eBooks
TumbleBooks has over 1,000 titles including story books, read alongs, videos, nonfiction, math stories, puzzle games and more. See your teacher for username/password.
Log on with FCPS username and password.